AnMed is fully accredited by DNV Healthcare. DNV Healthcare accreditation and certification is recognized nationwide as a symbol of quality that reflects an organization’s commitment to meeting certain performance standards.
AnMed has earned accreditations in specific areas of care, including:
- Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for excellence in heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and surgical care
- Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer
- Designation as a Primary Stroke Center
AnMed is one of only about 400 health care organizations nationwide recognized as part of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, which recognizes superior quality in nursing care. Magnet® designated facilities are AnMed Medical Center, AnMed North Campus, AnMed LifeChoice and AnMed Home Care. ANCC conducts thorough evaluations of hospitals seeking recognition, judging proficiency and leadership in the following five key areas that are considered global issues in nursing and health care:
- Visionary leadership transforming the organization to meet changing needs
- Empowered staff properly prepared to face all challenges
- Competent, dedicated and skilled nurses
- Continued innovation within staff knowledge, clinical practice, and systemic improvements
- Outcomes measurement systems in place throughout the entire organization
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade "A"
AnMed received an “A” Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022. The national distinction recognizes AnMed’s achievements in protecting patients from harm and error in the hospital.
The Leapfrog Group is an independent national watchdog organization. It assigns an “A,” “B,” “C,” “D,” or “F” grade to general hospitals across the country based on over thirty national performance measures reflecting errors, injuries, accidents, and infections, as well as systems hospitals have in place to prevent harm. The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade is the only hospital rating program based exclusively on hospital prevention of medical errors and injuries to patients. The grading system is peer-reviewed, fully transparent and free to the public. Grades are updated twice annually, in the fall and spring.
More Awards & Recognitions
- AnMed received the American Heart Association’s GoldPlus Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke quality achievement award for its commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment
- Recognized with a Blue Distinction Centers for Cardiac Care designation by Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- In 2019, AnMed CareConnect Clemson received the Laboratory Excellence Award from the Commission on Office Laboratory Accreditation
- AnMed became one of six Pulmonary Hypertension Care Centers in the U.S. and first in South Carolina in 2019
- Named one of U.S. News and World Report’s Best Regional Hospitals in the Upstate for 2014. Ranked second out of 90 hospitals in South Carolina and listed as high-performing in gastroenterology and GI surgery, geriatrics, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology.
- In 2016, AnMed earned the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for implementing a higher standard of care and improving the survival and outcomes for patients suffering from the most severe form of heart attack, a STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction).
- AnMed has earned Accreditation with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Only one in four hospitals that treat cancer patients receives Commission on Cancer accreditation.
- Recognized for the fifth consecutive year as one of the nation's Most Wired hospitals and health systems, according to the 2014 Most Wired Survey by Hospitals and Health Networks magazine.
- Daily safety huddles featured as case study in June 2017 issue of Quick Safety, an advisory on safety and quality issues distributed by The Joint Commission.
- Voted Best Place to Work in the Anderson Independent Mail 2016 and 2019 Best of Your Hometown Readers' Choice Awards.
- In 2014, AnMed received the South Carolina Hospital Association's "Certified Zero Harm Award" in hip surgery to recognize excellent performance in patient safety. Certified Zero Harm Awards are given when a hospital records no preventable hospital-acquired infections of a specific nature during a certain period of time.
- Awarded the 2015 Fit-Friendly Worksite Platinum Achievement by the American Heart Association for employee wellness.
- Named an Equity of Care Award Honoree in 2015 by the American Hospital Association. Honorees demonstrate a high level of success in reducing health care disparities and promote diversity in leadership and staff within their organization.
- AnMed Weight Loss Surgery was certified in 2016 by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a nationally accredited program that meets the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care. The MBSAQIP standards ensure that weight loss surgery patients receive a multidisciplinary program, not just surgery, which improves long-term success.
- Recognized in 2013 as one of 100 Hospitals With Great Heart Programs by Becker's Hospital Review. The Becker's editorial team selected 100 hospitals based on recognition for quality care, clinical awards and research contributions to cardiovascular care.
- AnMed North Campus, AnMed Kids' Care and Women's Surgery/Orthopaedics (3 East) were each awarded 5-Star Excellence Service Awards in 2014 from Professional Research Consultants (PRC).
- Home to several winners of the state's highest nursing honor, the Palmetto Gold Award.
- AnMed Medical Center is the only hospital in South Carolina in OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP). This program is designed for exemplary work sites with comprehensive, successful safety and health management systems.
- Earned a Bronze Award from the South Carolina Governor's Quality Forum. The award is given to organizations whose progress toward implementing the Baldrige criteria is worthy of recognition.
- Winner of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce's Excellence in Workplace Diversity Award
- Winner of The Gold Medal, The Gold Apple and The Gold Star from SCHA's Working Well initiative. The awards recognize hospitals for excellence in employee wellness programs addressing physical activity, nutrition and tobacco use.
- AnMed LifeFlight awarded the South Carolina EMS Small System of the Year for 2013.
- Assistant Vice President of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer Shaunda Trotter received the South Carolina Nursing Excellence Leadership Award in 2019
AnMed Cannon prides ourselves on striving for excellence in all that we do. That is why AnMed Cannon and its Medical Practices voluntarily participate in the accreditation process through Det Norske Veritas (DNV-GL). DNV-GL Healthcare was approved by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a deemed status accreditation program for hospitals in the fall of 2008, after working through a strict application process to meet CMS’ evaluation criteria. The only other alternative accreditation programs for hospitals are The Joint Commission and The American Osteopathic Association’s Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program, and CMS itself. DNV-GL’s accreditation program follows the National Integrated Accreditation for Healthcare Organizations (NIAHO) standards which are based on the CMS Conditions of Participation and the ISO 9001 standard, the internationally recognized standard for quality management systems that is used to measure quality and accountability in dozens of industries. 2015 ISO Recertification News Release: 2015 ISO Certification
AnMed Cannon is a member of the following:
AnMed Cannon is licensed by:
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC)
AnMed Cannon is approved by:
- The Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicare Program
- The South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services for participation in the Medicaid Program
AnMed Cannon's Mammography, CT, and Nuclear Medicine Departments are all accredited by the American College of Radiology.
AnMed Cannon Imaging Department follows all the American College of Radiology Imaging guidelines for MRI, Ultrasound, and X-ray for our reading Radiologists interpretation.
Our CT Department is also an Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center Accredited by the ACR, meeting stringent equipment criteria to assure the ordering physicians and patients they will get quality “Low Dose” Lung Cancer Screening here at AnMed Cannon.