Please contact Ashley Gelder at (864) 512-5465 or email@example.com to schedule a presentation for your students. You can view the current calendar here for available dates.
With the current state of health crisis, hygiene has become more important than ever. We have provided a resource on teaching hygiene to prevent the spread of germs.
- 5 yr old Kindergarten = Shining Smiles - A dental health program from the American Dental Association which is offered to kindergarten and 1st grade classes. This presentation focuses on proper dental hygiene, the importance of healthy teeth, and the effects of poor dental health. Shining Smiles introduces students to Mr. Al E. Gator who has done an excellent job of taking care of his teeth and Mr. Gross Mouth who had rotten, yucky teeth from not brushing properly. (30 minutes)
- 1st grade = Healthy Hygiene & Habits - What students can do to take care of themselves including habits that lead to better sleep. (30 minutes)
- 2nd grade = On the Daily! - Focus on developing healthy habits like eating 5 servings of fruits & veggies, 60 minutes of exercise, and drinking plenty of water each day (30-45 minutes)
- 3rd grade = Take Care of You! - Healthy ways to relieve common (or test-related!) stress everyday (45 minutes)
- 4th grade = Nutrition Detectives - a fun, interactive presentation for 4th grade students to learn 5 important clues when looking at various food boxes. Students will learn which foods are “take it” foods and “leave it” foods based on the 5 clues, and then become “certified” Nutrition Detectives! (45 minutes)
- 5th grade = Tar Wars - an interactive, anti-smoking program for fifth graders in all five Anderson County school districts. Presentations are given by Doclink staff, physicians, health professionals, Anderson College education majors, and other community volunteers (45 minutes)
- 5th grade = Medicine Safety - NEW in partnership with SafeKids, understanding how to be safe around household medication (45 minutes)
- Too Good for Drugs – workbooks and teacher curriculums that Doclink provides at no cost to the elementary schools in Anderson County. (Click on link for more detailed explanation of the curriculum).
- Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drugs – a modified version of the high school PowerPoint presentation which goes over the effects of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs which are commonly used among adolescents and teens. Students are able to see a variety of pictures which show the real-life effects that tobacco, alcohol and drugs have on people.
- Nutrition and Physical Activity – an interactive PowerPoint presentation which discusses the “hot topics” in nutrition today, especially among teens. This presentation discusses the importance of breakfast, the amount of sugar in certain foods and drinks, and eating healthy while eating fast foods.
- Arrive Alive – an interactive PowerPoint presentation which discusses the #1 cause of death for children and teens, injury, and specifically MOTOR VEHICLE CRASHES. This presentation gives real-life, local examples of teens that have been seriously injured or killed due to motor vehicle crashes. It also shows pictures and videos that provide the students with examples of what happens while texting and driving, speeding, and the effects not wearing a seat belt.