- Kari Lutz, marketing director, 864.512.1027
- Lyndi McMillan, public relations coordinator, 864.512.3765
If you need assistance after hours, please call the AnMed Switchboard at 864.512.1000 and ask the operator to contact the marketing representative on call.
When Inquiring About Patients' Conditions
As long as a patient has not asked that their information be withheld, AnMed is happy to assist reporters by providing an update on our patients' conditions. In compliance with federal HIPAA regulations, the following one-word conditions may be provided, only if the inquirer specifically identifies the patient by first and last name:
- Good – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair – Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious – Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical – Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Undetermined – Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
In-depth guidelines on releasing patient conditions are available. These guidelines were reviewed and endorsed by the S.C. Hospital Association, the S.C. Press Association and the S.C. Broadcasters Association.
AnMed is a 695-bed, not-for-profit health system serving the Upstate and northeast Georgia. The system is anchored by AnMed Medical Center, a 461-bed acute care hospital which has earned the prestigious Magnet® designation. The five-hospital system includes the AnMed Medical Center, AnMed Women's and Children's Hospital, AnMed Rehabilitation Hospital, and AnMed Cannon Hospital in Pickens, S.C. With more than 400 physicians and 3,700 employees, AnMed is Anderson County's largest employer.
- William Kenley, Chief Executive Officer
- John Miller, President Emeritus
- Christine Pearson, Executive Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Cunningham, Vice President of Community Health Partnerships
- David Glymph, Vice President of Clinical and Support Services
- Brad Mock, M.D., Vice President of Medical Affairs and Chief Medical Officer
- Shaunda Trotter, R.N., Vice President of Nursing and Chief Nursing Officer
- Kaye Brewer - Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President of Human Resources
- Brett Justice - Vice President of Strategic Planning, Marketing and Business Development