Mission & Culture
As a not-for-profit, mission-driven health system, AnMed recognizes and appreciates the dignity and individual differences of all people. We recruit teammates who represent and reflect the community we serve, offering equal opportunity to join and advance within the organization. Celebrating diversity strengthens our workplace culture.
What Does DEI Look Like at AnMed?
AnMed's dedicated Diversity & Language Services Department oversees initiatives related to:
- Diversity – Ways people differ. Diversity includes characteristics and intersections of race, ethnicity, nationality, socioeconomic status, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, mental and physical ability, and learning styles.
- Equity – Fairness. Equity efforts aim to provide high-quality care, regardless of patient characteristics, and reduce health disparities.
- Inclusion – Equal access for all to resources and opportunities. Everyone should feel safe, respected, engaged, motivated and valued for who they are and their contributions.
- Cultural competency – Integration of knowledge about individuals and groups into specific standards, policies, practices and attitudes. Used in appropriate cultural settings to improve quality of services and outcomes.
You deserve a fair, healthy and high-performing workplace. Look to AnMed to demonstrate our commitment to DEI through:
- Organizational processes and policies
- Leadership, governance and workforce diversity and inclusion
- Recruitment and equal participation of diverse groups at all levels of the organization
- Data-driven care delivery
- Collection and use of data to identify and address disparities and track outcomes
- Cultural competency education
- New teammate orientation and annual testing
- Social responsibility and community engagement