Why Physicians Choose AnMed
Advance your career at AnMed, a growing and innovative 648-bed health system known as a regional leader for clinical excellence. You'll join a medical staff with hundreds of passionate physicians representing more than 70 specialties. Enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Well-rounded, outstanding benefits
- Warm, welcoming culture
- Collegial medical staff who value your expertise and contributions
- Network of referring physicians
- Supportive leadership who ensure you have the resources you need to be successful
- Engagement and wellness services that support your well-being and work-life balance
- Professional development opportunities, including continuing medical education (CME) allowances
- Relocation assistance to Upstate South Carolina, a vibrant region offering excellent schools, outdoor recreation and affordable housing
Access to the Latest Technology
Be inspired and productive working in facilities that offer the latest, best technology. AnMed invests in advanced equipment, making it an integral part of the way we provide care. Providers like you and our patients benefit from increased efficiency, quality, safety, coordination and precision. This focus has earned us recognition as one of the nation's Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems from Hospitals & Health Networks (H&HN).
- Electronic patient medical records since 2000
- Computerized order entry for all physician orders
- Picture archiving and communication system (PACS) offering instant and remote access to radiology images
AnMed Medical Group
Join AnMed as an employed outpatient physician. Our medical group includes nearly 60 practices encompassing a wide range of specialties.
Through the network's physician council, which includes representatives from each practice, doctors engage in decision-making on issues ranging from:
- Care quality and safety
- Information technology
- Strategic planning
To practice medicine as a physician in South Carolina, you must be licensed by the South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners. Learn more about the state's license requirements and process.
If you'll practice in Georgia, you'll need licensure from the Georgia Composite Medical Board.
New physicians must also apply for credentials with AnMed's Medical Affairs office. If you have any questions about the credentialing process, call Medical Affairs at 864-512-1672.
Expect an onboarding experience designed to support a smooth, swift transition. As you connect and build relationships with colleagues, you'll have the full assistance of our onboarding team and clinical partners.
"My experience being a new physician at AnMed has been wonderful. I can say with certainty that I have not felt as welcomed and appreciated anywhere more than I have here. Through interactions and introductions with those throughout the hospital, clinic, and operating room, I have been inundated with colleagues and folks who are genuinely interested and welcoming to a new team member and are excited to embrace a new colleague in the area. The transition to starting a new and busy practice has been fantastic and is palpably better than I have ever experienced in the past. I am grateful for having the opportunity to work here at AnMed, and it is made all that much better with the assistance in transitioning by the onboarding team."
Share your contact information using our online form. Expect us to respond in two business days.