To be eligible for the AnMed Family Medicine Residency Program, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have graduated from an accredited medical school.
- Successfully passed USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (CS/CK) on first attempt with score greater than 220 for international medical graduates.
- U.S. allopathic students must pass USMLE Step 1 and 2 on first attempt.
- Osteopathic students can substitute USMLE by passing COMLEX 1 and 2 on first attempt.
- Must have documented clinical training in the U.S.
- Applicants will not be interviewed if it has been more than 24 months since graduation from medical school or active clinical practice.
- No visas sponsored.
- ERAS applications only.
- Three letters of reference required.
- Limited interviews available.
Visiting Anderson is the best way to truly appreciate the clinical strength and collegial atmosphere in the AnMed Family Medicine Residency Program. However, in order to protect the health and well-being of our applicants, current residents, community, patients and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, we've had to make some adjustments to our typical interview process. Based upon feedback from our applicants during the previous virtual interview season of 2020-2021, we're planning to offer two options for interviews during the coming recruiting season:
- Interview in person - For applicants who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, we are planning to use an in-person invertivew format for those who are able to conveniently travel to spend time with us. We will provide overnight accommodations and meals during the time you spend in our community during the interview to help minimize your direct cost.
- Interview Virtually - For applicants who are not vaccinated for COVID-19, or would find the expense to travel to our community excessive, we will offer virtual interview days spread throughout the recruiting calendar. These will be clearly marked as "Virtual Day" and will be conducted on the Zoom platform, witha time for meeting residents the night before the interview day.
All interviews are self-schedule in ERAS.
AnMed Family Medicine Residency Program
AnMed Oglesby Center C
Parking Lot C (Blue)
2000 East Greenville Street, Suite 3600
Anderson, SC 29621