At the end of this two-year program, students receive a certificate and are eligible to take the National Certification Examination, sponsored by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Following certification, graduates may choose to pursue advanced degrees from a variety of institutions of higher education or specialize within the radiology profession.
The Radiologic Technology Program’s mission is to provide a quality education that enables our students to passionately blend the art of caring with the science of medicine to optimize the health of patients and become a valuable member of the health care team.
Specific goals and student learning outcomes of the program include:
Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will apply positioning skills.
- Students will select technical factors.
- Students will utilize radiation protection.
Students will demonstrate communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate oral communication skills.
Students will develop critical thinking skills.
- Students will adapt standard procedure for non- routine patients.
- Students will critique images to determine diagnostic quality.
Students will model professionalism.
- Students will demonstrate work ethics.
- Students will summarize the value of life-long learning.
An Accredited Program
The AnMed Radiologic Technology Program is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (www.JRCERT.org). The program received an 8-year accreditation in 2016. Click here to view our report on the Radiologic Technology Program's Effectiveness.
JRCERT is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation to evaluate and accredit educational programs in radiography and radiation therapy, magnetic resonance and medical dosimetry. JRCERT accreditation demonstrates that a program adheres to national educational standards required to prepare graduates to be eligible to practice in all 50 states.
Questions for JRCERT? They can be reached at:
20 North Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, Illinois 60606