Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. These lists do not include all possible symptoms, according to CDC.gov.
People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- Muscle or body aches.
- New loss of taste or smell.
- Sore throat.
- Congestion or runny nose.
- Nausea or vomiting.
People with these symptoms should seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing.
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest.
- New confusion.
- Inability to wake or stay awake.
- Bluish lips or face.
Please call 911 for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you. Notify the operator that you or someone you know may have COVID-19.
Where to go for care
Due to the continuing COVID-19 outbreak, if you have tested positive for COVID-19, been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or have symptoms of fever (over 100.4), cough or shortness of breath, please call your AnMed primary care provider or use AnMed E-Visits so we can determine the best option of care for you.
- If you think you may be at risk for COVID-19, please do not go to your provider’s practice without calling first.
- You do not need to have an established primary care provider with AnMed to use E-Visits. When using E-Visits, select “COVID-19 Symptoms.”
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. Seek medical advice from your AnMed primary care provider or use AnMed E-Visits if you:
- Developed symptoms.
- Have been in close contact with a person known to have COVID-19.
- Live in or have recently been in an area with ongoing spread of COVID-19.
Please contact your primary care provider or visit AnMed's E-Visits page to get an order for testing and further instructions. Please note that E-visits are available for patients 18 years and older.
You may also consider visiting one of SC DHEC’s testing locations near you.
How to Get Your Results
After being tested, the results will be given to you as quickly as possible through one of the following methods:
- MyChart – If you have an AnMed MyChart account, your result will be visible as soon as the result is available.
- Phone – If you do not have an AnMed MyChart account, please provide a telephone number where you can be reached. Your doctor's office will contact you with the results.
- Mail – If AnMed staff are unable to reach you by phone, a letter with your results will be mailed. Please provide a valid mailing address.
Interested in receiving at-home COVID-19 Test Kits?
An at-home test kit may be the answer for you!