Injuries We Treat
Orthopedic specialists and emergency medicine providers often work together to treat severe bone, joint and muscle injuries, such as:
- Fractures of the hip, pelvis, scapula (shoulder blade), tibia (shinbone), femur (thigh bone), distal radius (wrist) or other bones
- Fragility fractures (breaks in weak bones that happen after a fall from standing height or less, usually due to osteoporosis or metabolic bone disease)
- Broken bones that heal crookedly or not at all
- Dislocations (bones that fall out of a joint)
Timely, expert care improves your outcome after a serious injury. That’s why a fellowship-trained orthopedic trauma surgeon is part of the emergency team on call 24/7 at AnMed Medical Center in Anderson.
Treatments for Traumatic Injuries
Depending on your injury, your treatment may include:
- Closed reduction for a dislocation – Gives you local anesthesia to prevent pain and then puts your bone back in position in the joint without surgery
- Fracture repair – Holds a broken bone in place with surgical screws, pins or plates so it can heal
- Osteotomy – Uses surgery to realign a bone that healed crookedly after a fracture
If you receive surgery, see your surgeon regularly for follow-up appointments to make sure your injured bone or joint heals as expected.
Improve your long-term outcome by taking part in rehabilitation. You may benefit from a stay in AnMed Rehabilitation Hospital, which has:
- Specialized orthopedic rehabilitation program that offers round-the-clock nursing and at least 15 hours of therapy each week for traumatic injuries
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification in hip fracture rehabilitation, meaning you can expect high-quality care
In the hospital or on an outpatient basis, physical therapy helps you regain strength, improve your range of motion and reduce pain. Occupational therapy teaches you how to safely do daily tasks as you recover.
Make an Appointment
Call 864-716-6140 to schedule your appointment at AnMed Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Anderson.