Before You Apply
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The individual departments coordinate job shadowing/internships. These opportunities are different from volunteering.
- Volunteers come on a weekly basis, usually in three-to-four-hour shifts. We ask volunteers to commit to at least 60 hours. You can complete these over more than one semester, if necessary. Verification of volunteer hours/letters of recommendation will be provided once this commitment has been met.
- Applications are only accepted three times a year. The processing time for applications and interviews can take up to three weeks.
- Placement areas, schedules and training dates will be discussed in the interview. They will be confirmed once orientation is complete.
- Explore the wide range of volunteer opportunities in Anderson by clicking here, or call 864-512-1263 to learn more.
When to Apply
Acceptance period for new volunteers will open begin as indicated below for each session. Application submission does not guarantee placement.
- Summer session (May, June, July and August): Acceptance period opens in April
- Fall session (September, October, November and December): Acceptance period opens in August
- Spring session (January, February, March and April): Acceptance period opens in December
How to Apply
Complete the college volunteer application. Next, you’ll be scheduled for an interview. After your interview and acceptance into the program, you will be asked to provide documentation of the following health screening requirements:
- Two negative tuberculosis (TB) skin tests or one negative T-spot/QFT within three weeks after your interview. If you have recently had a TB test, the previous test must have been completed no more than three months before your volunteer start date. Applications are deleted after 30 days if the interview and TB test requirements haven’t been met.
- A current flu vaccination, if you are applying between October 1 and April 1.
- Complete paperwork related to COVID-19 vaccination status or an exemption request. You may also be asked to provide documentation of your vaccination status.
You must also:
- Submit a criminal background check, which AnMed will provide at no cost to you.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Complete department-specific orientation with a designated mentor in your assigned area.
For more information about volunteering, call 864-512-1263.