Release Exam Images
If a healthcare provider outside of AnMed asks for copies of your exam images, you’ll need to fill out this medical records release form [PDF]. It gives us permission to send the images to another facility. You can mail in the completed form, email it to Mammo.email@example.com or fax it to 864-512-6587.
Mobile Mammography Bus Screening Guidelines
A mobile mammography screening is for women who:
- Are 40 or older (or 35 with a family history of breast cancer)
- Don’t have breast symptoms, such as a lump or tenderness
- Aren’t pregnant or breastfeeding
- Can walk up and down three to four mobile steps
- Have waited one year and one day since their previous mammogram
- Haven’t received a COVID-19 vaccine in the past month
Visit the Bus
View our upcoming mobile mammography stops on our events calendar. To schedule an appointment, call us at 864-512-6255. Interpretation services are available for non-English speakers.
What to Bring
Bring the following to your appointment:
- Health insurance card (if you have one)
- Photo ID
- Images from mammograms you received at facilities other than AnMed
- Order from your doctor (if you received a referral for a screening)
Please do not wear any deodorant, powder, perfume or lotion on the day of the appointment. Wear a two-piece outfit so you can change into a mammography blouse in a private dressing room on the bus.
Cost & Insurance Coverage
Most health insurance providers cover mammograms, but we offer a 50 percent discount if you pay out-of-pocket. You may be eligible for low or no-cost screenings if you don’t have insurance. To learn whether you qualify for assistance, contact the breast patient navigator at 864-512-4091.
Your Mammogram Results
A radiologist will read your mammogram within one business day, and results are sent immediately to your physician. You can also view the results on your AnMed MyChart account. You’ll get a letter in the mail, along with instructions on what to do next, within seven to 10 days.
If your mammogram reveals the need for further care, our dedicated breast health nurse navigator will guide you every step of the way. Any follow-up appointments or additional imaging will take place at AnMed Imaging Olgesby Center B (Women’s Diagnostics) in Anderson.
Why Mobile Mammography?
Our goal is to make sure every woman has access to screening mammograms. Thanks to the support of many individual and corporate donors to the AnMed Foundation, the mobile mammography bus travels to locations throughout the area, bringing life-saving screenings to those without access to transportation.
To learn how you can help support AnMed’s efforts to bring mammograms to the women who need them, contact the AnMed Foundation at 864-512-3477.
Bring the Bus to Your Location
If you’d like the mammography bus to come to your place of worship, civic group, local event or workplace, you’ll need:
- Minimum of 15 appointments to make a reservation
- Flat surface with 10 to 12 parking spaces, no low tree branches and enough space for a 43-foot-long bus
- Nearby restrooms
In the case of inclement weather, the mobile mammography bus will follow the Anderson County School District 5 closing schedule.