You’ll want some basics along with items to keep you comfortable. A hospital bag checklist for mom includes:
- Bras (2)
- Cell phone and charger
- Insurance card
- Loose-fitting clothes to wear home
- Nightgowns (2)
- Personal items, like shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, soap, cosmetics, etc.
- Photo ID
- Pillow from home for comfort
For the Support Person
To make it easy to focus on helping your partner, pack a bag with the things you’ll need as a birth support person:
- Cell phone and charger and/or camera with battery backup and memory cards
- Change of clothes
- Personal items, like a toothbrush, soap, etc.
- Reading material
- Snacks or change for the vending machines
For the Baby
Your new little one will need a few essentials from home, too:
- Baby blanket
- Car seat
- Comfortable clothing to wear home
Sign Up for a Class
Call 864-512-6255 to reserve your spot in a pregnancy or parenting class at AnMed.